ReWire Tutorial Article Live - Step 5: Rendering Audio
Most often, there is no need to convert individual ReWire channels to regular audio tracks! The channels already appear in Live's mixer, and you can typically perform the same kind of real-time processing as with regular audio channels (effects, EQ, volume, pan and mute automation, etc.).
Still, you may need to convert the ReWire channels to audio tracks, for example if you want to continue working in Live only, or simply to mix down all tracks including any ReWire channels to a single file. To render ReWire channels to audio tracks in Live, proceed as follows:
1. Make sure Reason plays back properly via ReWire.
2. Select "Render to Disk" from the File menu.
3. A dialog opens where you can set a number of options. You can manually select which channels to render from the Rendered Track drop down menu. If you render the Master output the rendered file will contain everything you hear.
4. Click OK. A file dialog will appear allowing you to select a destination folder for the file to be rendered (see image).
5. Before playing back the new rendered file, mute the original track(s) playing the ReWire channels.
If you now play back the audio track you will hear exactly what was played on the ReWire channel. This means you should keep the ReWire channels muted (or deactivated) now, since otherwise you would hear the sound twice - once via ReWire and once from the audio track.
Note: Converting ReWire channels this way results in a number of large audio files (depending on the length of the song). Make sure you have enough disk space!
Step 6: More Reading