Reason 8.1 and Reason Essentials 8.1 are free updates to Reason 8 and Reason Essentials 8 that adds support for the Propellerhead public music collaboration and sharing service as well as a slew of bug fixes and enhancements (full list below).
Download Reason 8.1
Download Reason Essentials 8.1
- Added “Drop to Propellerhead” and “Open in Reason” features, connecting Reason to the Propellerhead service.
- Reason can now remember the password for internet verification.
- Opening a Propellerhead web page from within Reason should not prompt for login, if the user is already logged in within Reason.
- CodeMeter version 5.20d included.
- Authorizer is now properly signed for Mac OS X 10.10.
- Browser: REX loop preview is now disabled when a running Dr Octo REX has browse focus.
- Fixed a bug where some devices were erroneously available in Remote Override Edit Mode
- Fixed a bug in the stretch algorithm that could cause anomalies in recordings longer than 5 mins.
- Fixed a bug where found “missing samples” accidentally became self-contained.
- Fixed a number of bugs relating to self-contained samples and loops.
- Fixed a bug where Reason could create broken document files.
- Fixed a bug where some non-remotable items had Edit Remote Override Mapping by mistake.
- Fixed a bug where creating a Radical Piano in a RAM-heavy song could cause Reason to hang.
- Fixed a bug where the automatic mixer channel color selection didn’t work properly.
- Changed the color of the clip borders, to make them more visible.
- Fixed a bug in Arturia remote codecs where sustain pedal didn’t work.
- Added some updated and new remote files from Livid Instruments.
- Fixed a bug where dropping an audio file with bad format on an NN-XT could crash the program.
- Fixed a bug where sample devices used more RAM than needed.
- Fixed a bug where patch drop to a device to the left of the Master Section could crash Reason.
- Made a change to the browser scrolling, so that the selected item isn’t obscured by the scrollbar when stepping down with the arrow keys/buttons.
- Fixed a number of codebase issues that could cause Reason to crash or behave badly.
- Fixed some spelling and translation issues.